Its Friday…Friday! How was your week? Hoping it was wonderful. Who is ready for the weekend?? The hubs and I are heading out of town for a wedding. Pics coming next week. Anyone in need of a quick and fun Friday night dinner? Make tonight an Italian kind of night. This pasta recipe is beyond easy and super cheap. I combined a couple recipes but had the inspiration from the link below. Besides buying tomatoes and fresh basil, pasta and garlic may already in your kitchen. You will literally toss all the ingredient in a pot, sit back and relax, and wait for that timer to ring. Now pour yourself a glass of wine and get cooking! One Pot Pasta (adapted from here)
- 4 1/2 cup water
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 12-16 oz penne pasta
- 1/2 cup basil, packed leaves
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- In a stockpot, combine water, olive oil, pasta, halved tomatoes, basil leaves, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Cover over high heat and bring to boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for 11-12 minutes, or until pasta is cooked and water reduced. Stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 2 minutes.
- Stir in mozzarella cheese, stir until melted.
- Serve immediately.
Warm Dip coming your way!