It has been a while! How was your 4th of July weekend? The hubs and I met with some friends in Isle of Palms for our third annual beach weekend. It was a wonderful and special time with friends.
I am sorry I have not been posting lately. Between traveling to see the hubs and working, things have been a little chaotic. Looking forward to the hubs being back home and having a normal schedule. Here is a recap from the weekend and a healthy summer dish to start your week.
Happy 4th of July!
Dinner at The Boathouse
Thankful for weekends with this guy.
They hardly moved from this spot all weekend.
Getting back to reality after vacation is always a challenge. I enjoy meal prepping for the week so I am not looking for last minute meals. This Veggie Quinoa Salad from Chelsea’s Messy Apron is perfect for the summer. There were a few ingredients I omitted to keep the price down, and added edamame since I already had some on hand. Add or take away any ingredients to make it your own. Enjoy!
Veggie Quinoa Salad (adapted from here)
What you will need:
- 1 cup quinoa
- 3 small sweet potatoes
- 1 can corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup diced red pepper
- 1 cup shelled edamame
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium lime
- Balsamic vinegar to drizzle on salad
- Cook quinoa according to package directions and rinse well.
- Poke holes in sweet potatoes with fork and place in microwave for 5-6 minutes. Allow potatoes to cool before peeling and slicing.
- In large bowl toss corn, black beans, red pepper, edamame and tomatoes.
- Mix in quinoa and lime juice.
- Place in close container and place in fridge.
- *For added protein add baked chicken.
On-the-go snacks up next!