It has been so long since I have posted a recipe! Between starting my new job and my best friend having a baby, this past week has been quite eventful. My best friend had a beautiful baby girl a little over a week ago. Her precious little girl, Libby, has been intubated since birth. It has been a hard week for this sweet friend and her husband, but their faith and trust in the Lord has been incredible. We are continuing to pray daily for sweet Libby and the long road ahead. Specific prayer request and daily updates can be found here.
A few weeks ago I promised a healthy summer dessert. I came across this recipe from Lexi’s Clean Kitchen. This apple crisp has the perfect amount of sweetness with a hint of lemon. Want to know what makes it even better? No butter or sugar. This dessert is healthy and will crave that sweet tooth all at once. You could also substitute the apples with peaches, blueberries or pears. Take your pick.
Healthy Apple Crisp (recipe from here)
What you will need for the filling:
- 1 apple, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp water
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350. Peel apple and slice apple.
- Place apple slices in bowl and add cinnamon, lemon and water.
- Microwave for 1 minute. Mix and microwave for additional minute.
- Mix and microwave for 30 seconds and set aside.
- 2. Place chopped apples in a microwave safe bowl and add cinnamon, lemon, and water
- Combine topping ingredients and mix until crumbly.
- Place on baking tray and bake for 5-7 minutes.
- Place apple filling in desired glass and layer with crumb topping.