Memorial weekend is almost here! This means one thing. Summertime.
First off how was your weekend? The hubs and I went to Beaufort, NC for the day. It has an adorable downtown area that lines the coast and old fashioned stores at every corner. We rented kayaks and made our way to a couple small islands. The paddling allowed for a dual arm workout. Was I sore? Absolutely. We completed the day with a little shopping and dinner on the water. Thankful for Saturdays with my husband.
Like I said. Adorable.
How cute is this museum?
There is nothing more refreshing than a cool pasta salad to end a warm summer night. Eat At Home is a great website for easier recipes for busy families! Check it out! I substituted whole wheat pasta in the place of tortellini. I also used cherry tomatoes instead of dicing whole tomatoes.
Broccoli + Tomato Pasta Salad (recipe from here)
- 12 oz whole wheat penne pasta
- 1 bunch fresh broccoli, cut into florets
- 3 medium tomatoes or (equivalent) cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- handful of fresh basil, chopped
- Bring pan of water to boil and cook pasta according to package. Cook pasta to desired taste.
- Bring separate pan of water to boil and add cut broccoli. Broccoli only takes a few minutes to cook. Drain broccoli and rinse with cold water.
- Toss pasta, broccoli and tomatoes in large bowl.
- Combine oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper and basil in separate container, Shake until well combined and toss with pasta.
- Place pasta in fridge for a couple hours to chill. Enjoy!
What is your favorite summer dish?